Tuesday, May 7, 2013

5/4: Damascus Virginia Round 1

Hello everyone, it's Breeze. Time to get caught up on the blog postings now that we have reliable service. What an amazing weekend we had in Damascus.

My parents came in for the weekend, and brought enough food to start a small catering service! We feasted all weekend on delicious pancakes, lasagna, and bbq. My mom is such a good cook, and I have definitely been missing her home cooked meals. We stayed at a great little house in downtown Damascus right next to the Dairy King. The AT literally passed by the front door, so we got to watch hikers roll by all day and even got to catch up with a few we haven't seen in a while. We even got see to see a hiker perform Thai Chi in his underwear outside of the downtown laundry mat...no wonder locals aren't always fond of hikers. Ain't nobody want to see that!

The highlight of the weekend was definitely getting to catch up with all my family at my great grandmother's 95th birthday party! I know I said 96 in a previous post...I was either misinformed or misunderstood. Nonetheless, it was a great party! Granny looks so great, I have no doubt that she'll break 100 :). I don't get to see this side of the family too much, so it was really nice to spend the weekend with everyone. Even Wendy made some new friends! All my little cousins were particularly fond of getting tickled and rough housing with his giant 6'6" self. Poor little Colton has never been so high in his life!

Damascus was everything I hoped it would be. I got my batteries nice and recharged with amazing food, family, and friends. Now off to tackle the great state of Virginia!

Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment