Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5/12: Davis Path Campsite 545.3

Well guys, I did a little pleading with the rain last night, and for once, she listened! It has been a beautiful day out here on the Appalachian Trail!

As you might have guessed, it's Breeze. You can't ask for better days than this. Wendy and I put in a solid but relaxing 15 mile day. Honestly, it was relaxing! I can really get used to these rolling hills in Virginia! Wendy and I took a ton of breaks, and enjoyed snacks, views, and a new hobby of ours: hackysack! A few days ago we saw a group of thru hikers playing and having a great time, so we had to give it a try! We aren't very good, but we're getting better fast. We'll be ready for the big leagues soon.

Tonight in camp has been so much fun. Since tomorrow is my birthday, our entire group of friends decided to pack out a few adult beverages in to camp. We have all been sitting around the picnic table for a while now, swapping jokes and telling stories. We even started quoting Will Ferrell movies for a while (one of my favorite activities)! At hiker midnight (9 pm for you townies), we all raised our cans and celebrated my birthday, and for hiking 25% of this trail. I couldn't have asked for a better time.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially mine. Mom, I wouldn't be out here without your love and support. Thank you so much for everything you do for me. I love you.

Breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment