Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alex Gear List

Hey everyone,

I figured I would take the time to write another post while I felt motivated today. A friend of mine asked me about my gear list so I figured I would finally get a list in writing! Everything is subject to change (especially the stove,) but this is pretty close to what I will be bringing with me. I know a lot of people have oz weights for all of their gear- I do not! I do know that my base weight is 16lbs but that's as far as my weighing goes- I enjoy cruising by the bottom of my britches.

Clothing:
Rain shell
Micro fleece
Lightweight Under Armor top long sleeve
Poly short sleeve shirt x2
Antimicrobial compression shorts x2
Lightweight Under Armor bottoms
Lightweight nylon shorts x2
Smart wool socks x2 pair
Vasque boots
Camp shoes (Crocs)
Bandana

Optional Winter Clothing:
Lightweight fleece gloves
Lightweight fleece beanie
Silk sleeping bag liner

Shelter:
Osprey Exos 58 pack
Pack cover
Lightheart Gear SoLong 6 tarp tent
2 Trekking poles
6 MSR Ground hog stakes
REI Igneo 20 degree sleeping bag
Thermarest Z-lite sleeping pad

Optional Warm Shelter:
REI 55 degree travel sack

Cooking:
2-piece Snow Peak titanium pot set (I cannot function without a hot drink in the morning!)
Basic coleman canister stove
2 small canisters for stove
Plastic spork
Sawyer Squeeze water filter (may be left behind for Aquamira alone)
Aquamira drops 
3L platypus
1L Nalgene bottle

Hygiene:
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Bandages
Moleskin
Aspirin
Toilet paper


Misc:
Knife
Compass
Head lamp
Stuff sacks
Cell phone
Cell phone charger

And that about does it for me folks! Sitting right around 16lbs before food and water. I want to change my canister stove to an alcohol stove (I have tried crafting several models with little success.) I think I will just break down and buy a high grade light weight alcohol stove to push me down to 15lbs base weight; that just has a nice ring to it!

Alex AKA Wendy





1 comment:

  1. Dude, upgrade to the titanium spork. Check on ThinkGeek. Totally worth it. - Titanium Spork User

    ReplyDelete